Monday, May 20, 2013

THE WEDDING PREPARATIONS


Chris and Sarah’s wedding is fast approaching and we are running around taking care of loose ends.  I’m on for the Rehearsal Dinner which will be held at my house and brother John is preparing his fantastic smoked pork as an entree!  I’m also on for make the chocolate cheesecake for the wedding reception as well as the sheet cake which will be decorated by Chris and Sarah.  I’ve also planned on making a wedding gown cupcake for the rehearsal dinner dessert.  All of this had to be done close to the dates of serving so everything had to be done at once!

I started by making the chocolate cheesecake since I wanted to be sure that turned out OK.  I had everything I needed in the kitchen ready to go.  The first thing I did was melt the wrong chocolate – wanted dark chocolate and picked up the milk chocolate.  That would have been fine except for the wedding I wanted dark chocolate.  So….I remade it correctly baked it, took it out to cool and as I was putting away a bottle of oil in the cupboard I promptly dropped it in the middle of the cheesecake!  The entire cake went splat!  No fixing that!

On to the Rehearsal Dinner cupcake wedding cake.  I had made the cupcakes the day before and now was working on the frosting.  When I put all the ingredients together and tasted it …. It tasted terrible.  The Crisco was rancid!  No fixing that!

The sheet cake came out fine so I was ahead on one thing, at least.

Back to the store to buy more ingredients and start over.  Chocolate cheesecake turned out great.  Frosting on the cupcakes turned out great and the little wedding gown cake looked great!



The Rehearsal dinner was a success and everyone filled up on the food.  Sarah received a call from her girl friend who was arrived from Maine and they headed back to the house to meet her.  While taking the luggage into the house, a dog from across the street got loose, ran across the front yard into Chris and Sarah’s house and started to attack their dog Annie!  He had Annie by the throat and Chris was beating on the dog to get it off.  In the process, Chris got bitten three times on the arm!  Finally the dog released, the owner dragged it off and Chris went to the hospital to get the bites checked out.  One was particularly deep on the underside of his arm.  What a way to start your wedding weekend!

By Saturday the Boat and Ski Club was coming together.  Sarah and her friends worked throughout the night to get the place ready and it was truly beautiful.  The wedding started at 6PM as the sun was setting on the Intracoastal Waterway.  The boats were coming into the boat landing area, passing the point where the wedding ceremony was taking place and they hooped and clapped as they went by!

The evening was wonderful.  Everyone had a great time and the bride was radiant. 

How fast an event happens after so many months of preparation!  I told Sarah that I thought she should recommend to her friends that they hire a wedding planner; she said her friends who helped told her they were eloping!  Lots of work to make a perfect day.




Wounded Groom - at least he's still smiling!


Beautiful Bride


Taking their Vows!

My Oldest Son and Grandson ....  Perry & Alex

Thanks to our friends, these are the preliminary pictures.  Soon I'll get to see the professional ones ... I hope!

It was a great, great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JETTY PARK CRUISERS

January 13, 2014 Back on the road again, for a short while, heading down to Jetty Park with friends from home. Since Michigan ........