Friday, May 11, 2012

Brunswick GA (North of the Border)


LIVING THE RV LIFE!! 


Pulled out of our driveway by 8:00AM - exceptional for us who usually doesn't starts anything until after 9AM. Headed up to Camping World in St Augustine as our first stop to pick up our tow dolly with brakes.

It's hard to transition, in the mind, from boat to motorhome.  I seem to be constantly comparing the two.  Around 9AM we passed the Palm Coast exit and I thought .... one hour on the road, eight hours in the boat - first night's stop.   Then when we got to Camping World in St Augustine I thought .... 2 hours by MH, two days by boat.  As we approached Brunswick GA we passed Fort Frederica exit where I had a planned anchorage stop in the boat -- 3 hours by MH,  approximately 5th day by boat!

We pulled into Camping World and they had the trailer ready apart from a plug that needed to be installed.  We purchased the trailer earlier in the week and I guess they didn't charge us the $200 assembly fee; (I thought the price would have included assembly).  Camping World waived that fee and only charged us for the wiring of the plug.  I was pleased.  We backed the car up onto the dolly and Dave tried to figure out the new tiedown straps.  He finally broke down and asked for help ... doesn't happen often .... and a service guy came out and worked with Dave and the directions finally getting the tiedown straps sorted out and hooked up the tires to the dolly.  All in all only took about an hour.  Far shorter than I envisioned.

Arrived Coastal GA RV in Brunswick just off I95 to meet up with our friends as the kick off for the trip north.  This is a lovely resort, brand new.  We hope they are successful as there isn't anything out here.  It's about 15 miles from Jekyll and St Simons so should be a great spot for snowbirds wintering down here.

NOW THAT'S THE WAY TO TRAVEL!!!!

Friday night was cocktails and appetizers.

BILLY SAYS

Finally we're leaving after watching all my goodies being carted out of the house into the Land Yacht.  As usual I traveled behind Forever Dad's seat tucked in tight.  Half way along the trip Forever Mom finally came into the Land Yacht and I finally had my people back in sight.

We're staying with lots of other dogs.  Darby, a White Westie, has become my new best friend.  I'm really embarrassed how I barked viciously at him when he visited me at my land home.  I must remember my manners next time.   There is a fenced in dog park called Bark Park on site so we dogs walked our owners over to the park and ran around for the night.  What fun it is to travel in the Land yacht.  All kinds of new smells!


No comments:

Post a Comment

JETTY PARK CRUISERS

January 13, 2014 Back on the road again, for a short while, heading down to Jetty Park with friends from home. Since Michigan ........