Saturday, June 2, 2012

LEAVING VJ'S RV RESORT


Oh how I loved being in this “VJ Pond” place.  It was a dog’s heaven.  I swam every single day….all day.  There was always someone there throwing balls into the water for me.  After the weekend that seemed liked hundreds of people visited, it got quiet but cool.  Then it was just me and my Forever Parents.  We had such fun.  I laid around in the cool grass, keeping my eye on The Pond.  Could go anywhere but, as Forever Mom said, “You’re such a good boy, staying around us and not wandering off.”   I try.

So imagine my confusion when I saw movement around the MH ( moving home).  I got a little worried so kept my eyes on my Forever Parents.  F inally they called me to come inside.  I hesitated for just a second, casting one last look around my new paradise, then slowly walked to the MH.  After all, what’s life without my Forever Parents in it!  They would be very upset.

Once in the MH, I crawled into my spot between the slide-in wall and under the driver’s seat.  It is comfy and safe there.  Soon I felt the MH moving under me and we were on our way.

Wonder where we’ll go this time?

With great reluctance we left VJ’s RV Resort and headed onward toward our final destination Vermont by way of wherever.  Our next destination is Lake Erie, Geneva on the Lake, which is about a five hour drive from Coldwater.  The landscape changes once you get closer to Cleveland, more rolling and less farming.  I am beginning to appreciate the Ohio landscape with their vast farms and one-mile grid intersections. 

Lake Geneva State Park is a very nice, small park of about 100 sites.  There are only three sites with full hookups so we got one with electric.  I assumed it was electric and water, however when we got into the site we couldn’t find the water spigot.  Had to drive the MH back out to the check-in building and fill our tanks with water.    You’d think with Lake Erie within site we’d have campsite water …. but maybe we don’t want to drink from Lake Erie?  The site is somewhat small, we have a tree next to the MH so won’t be putting out the awning.  There are other sites that are more open, but it’s hard to tell when you’re making reservations on the computer.  They don’t show trees – just spots.

First thing we noticed was the temperature.  It was barely 68 degrees.  What a difference from last weekend when it was 95+++.  It was easy getting into the site and with only electric to hook up we were settled in the flash.  Pad is very level so no problems there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JETTY PARK CRUISERS

January 13, 2014 Back on the road again, for a short while, heading down to Jetty Park with friends from home. Since Michigan ........